Saturday, October 15, 2011

Carpe Cafe

As a brief update: I am still alive, though this blog may have been in a state of coma for the last five months. But, during that time I wrote a book. So there.

Now then. I have easily spent the majority of my non work/non sleeping time at cafes recently, and, one of the things that always gets me is the quantity of cringe worthy conversations I hear from my fellow patrons. I'm not meaning to be outright judgmental...although I can be, if you wanted, regardless, I'm sorry, but the inclusion of the assertion that "I'm not like most people," anytime, in any context, is inexcusable. I don't care if your passion for the Toms charitable business structure comes from a place of seeing good Samaritanism "brought down to where people actually know what they're giving someone on the other side of the world" or if you consider yourself a quasi opponent of non profits because of their inefficiencies, YOU DON'T KNOW "EVERYONE" SO DON'T MAKE THAT ASSERTION, EVER.

Anywho. Now that I got that out of my system. I'm hoping to begin posting once a week, to demonstrate my connection with other human beings through the use of modern technology. They may not be long, or that might be, I don't know. We'll see. That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Tis good to see you back Kev. Bravo on completing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Kevin! Looking forward to catching up on your writer's journey!

    ReplyDelete