Sunday, April 10, 2011

Step 1

Hello! Welcome to "Moving Metaphor," where after 24 years, I decided to do something that my mother suggested.

This blog will be following my creative endeavors while I strive to become a reputable author, poet, lyricist and/or any other label I decide to pursue. Writing has always been a passion of mine, although it has always also been laden with a feeling of impossibility. However, after the prodding of my family, friends, and even online acquaintances I have decided to pursue writing properly and see what may come.

What can you expect from this blog? If it becomes an extension of my personality, you'll be intaking large amounts of snark, wit, poetics, and religious commentary. I am a people watcher, first and foremost, and I love to reconstitute my sights into appealing stories. You may read examples of what I'm working on and be asked to comment. Hopefully, this blog will become a launching pad to my works. All of this and more!

What should you not expect from this blog? Working a demanding day job, this blog may not be updated as often as it should. My goal, currently, is to add a post five times a week, but will strive for daily entries if possible. I hope you don't mind.

I am still deciding how to present myself in this medium so bear with me as the format, themes, etc. change to better reflect my intentions. All in all, I hope you enjoy walking with me as I dissect my surroundings, and my own peculiar, evolving situation, on Moving Metaphor.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kevin! Looking forward to the literary contributions you make in "blogland."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Kevin, I am glad you decided to take the plunge. Your intersting perspective will provide for intriguing posts.

    ReplyDelete