Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Escalation

This weekend was a very productive one for my writing. Not only am I beginning to learn how I write as a method and process, I am beginning to see what areas need improving and forming strategies to tackle those areas. For instance, today I hit 20,000 words on my text and I'm excited to see it coming towards the the peak of the plot. However, I am rereading my work and finding that I leave out large parts of description, or that the reading pace is wrong for the given scene. I'm both excited and nervous to begin revising possibly within the next three weeks but I am also trying to figure out why I can't hear the breaks in narrative while I write it. I'm sure that this just comes with time and will become easier as I progress.

I'm also excited to begin reading Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist a book that resembles my plot in terms of real-time or near real-time story telling. You may have seen the movie and recall that the entire story takes place in one night. I'm also looking forward to casually beginning Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. My goal is to have them all read before the last movie comes out. Do you think I can finish the remaining 6 books within 2 and a half months??? I'm thinking that shouldn't be too difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin- That's an impressive amount of text given your demanding day job. You have challenged me to up my daily output of writing! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete