Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On the Lighter Side

After yesterday's novella of a post, I thought I would shorten up today's and post a fun, Sunday afternoon poem I had written a couple weeks back. Comments and criticisms are very welcome! (This one was mainly just for my own humor though, not too deep.)

"The Month Of May"


By chance if you have seen my mate,

Perhaps beneath your dinner plate,

Or striking up a lengthy tale,

While drinking with the head of state,

Please could you ask him for his name,

In print, upon the card the same,

Provided in the month of May,

Last year, the birth of endless shame?

That month, I fail to undertake,

That pesky chore for hunger’s sake,

The edifice and with its place

The fire atop the birthday cake.

For, on that day I do restrain

From building such a sight profane,

That lest I ever find a male,

He does not take me as insane.


-Kevin Zimmerman



1 comment:

  1. Kevin- I enjoyed your fanciful poem. Looking forward to more "rhyme and reason" from you!

    ReplyDelete